As the weather starts to get cool, on our backyard we get the visit of different types of birds that visit us to get some sunflowers seeds, among all them, there is one bird that we are lucky to see during this time of the year: The Northern Cardinal.
If you love to make your own quilts, and you love to get the perfect corners and shapes on your quilt blocks, then the Paper Piecing Pattern is right for you!
Northen Cardinal Paper Piecing Pattern is a PDF file free to download to make an 8.5 inches block beginners and more advanced quilters will love to make, it can be used to make a pillow, table runner or a quilt.
This is a PDF, click here to download the Cardinal Paper Piecing Pattern and print it out on paper.
The Northen Cardinal Paper Piecing Pattern is a PDF file with a colored diagram and all the pieces to make an 8.5 x 8.5 block.
How To Make The Northen Cardinal Paper Piecing Block
As This is a Paper Piecing pattern, you will need to follow the instructions to make any PP Pattern, by cutting out all the paper patterns and sew on the different fabrics following the colored diagram and the numbers on each piece to make the block.
Below you can watch the video tutorial to take a look how I made this Paper Piecing Quilt block.
You will need basic knowledge of how paper piecing is done.
What To Make With The Cardinal Paper Piecing Pattern Block
1. You can make a pillow by making the Cardinal block first and then stitch on one or two borders on the four sides of the block, you can quilt it by hand or with Free Motion Quilting and sew on a fabric for the back of the pillow.
It will look amazing and it will help you to decorate any corner of your home during the Holidays.
2. Make a Table Runner – Make two, three or more Cardinal PP Blocks, and sew them together with or without sashing, then sew on one or two borders and make a quilting sandwich, quilt it by hand or with Free Motion Quilting and sew on a bias, when it’s finished it will look amazing!
3. Make a Small Quilt – You can make a few Cardinal PP blocks and sew them together with or without sashing, you can also make another type of block the same size and sew all your blocks together to make a quilt.
4. Make a Tote Bag – The Cardinal PP block can also be used to make a tote bag.
5. Save The Cardinal PP Block to make a Quilt, as I started to share some Quilt blocks to make with the Paper Piecing Pattern method, I will be keeping all these blocks to make a regular size quilt. I’ll be working with the Quilt As You Go method by sewing together 4 blocks at a time, this way it will be easier to make the quilting on small blocks to stitching them together later to make the quilt.
I hope you like this idea to make a regular size with the Paper Piecing Pattern method and visit my blog to get more of these patterns that I will be making soon!
I thank you for reading my blog and for sharing it on your Social Media!
Puedes leer esta entrada en el blog en español, para hacer el Bloque Pájaro Cardenal Paper Piecing, aquí!
Find more Paper Piecing Patterns here:
- Christmas Tree Paper Piecing Pattern – Quilt block 8.5 x 8.5 inches.